Friday 7 March 2008

I've just did the philosophy test. It didn't go so well... That's quite a problem ain't it? haha
School life is getting boring. My school mates spend all their time playing worms. It's not like I don't like it. I do, but it really is starting to get boring. We have nothing to do anyway, besides going to the beach...
They're building a shopping centre in front of the school. That's quite odd actually, but in some way, that's wonderful! I mean, we will finally have something to do! And better food to eat haha

I guess that after a philosophy test I want to write about other kind of stuff. There's this thing that worries me a lot. Have you heard about the percentage of people who commit suicide in Japan? It's awful! Suicide is said to be the biggest export from Japan. It started with hara-kiri (the name used when samurais commited suicide in order not to be killed by their enemies) and shinjyuu. It is quite strange as suicide seems to be a sort of way of "saving" the family. It seems to be quite honorable commiting suicide. I believe so and I wouldn't really mind if people killed themselves because they find it the best way of running away from their troubles. No problem at all. What worries me the most is the large number of people doing that! Can you imagine if suddenly Japanese disappeared? Just imagine that they all suicide. They would vanish! That would be awful! Okay. I know it is stupid. I just didn't want the text to be so serious... haha... not funny...
Then came the kamikaze... Honestly, I wouldn't have the guts to put myself into a plane and then just let it fall on ground. But in some way, I admire these people. They suicided themselves because some way, they thought they were helping right? And they wanted glory for their country and all that stuff. I guess that everyone who is in war is actually commiting suicide indirectly. Sooner or later they will be shot to death or a bomb will explode near them. That's all suicide, but above all, guts! Yeah. all hail to the modern and ancient soldiers!! Yeah!
I guess that Moslems, I mean the bomber ones, they might have been inspired by Kamikaze. no? Maybe...
Do you know that there are Japanese websites which support suicide? They encourage people to commit suicide and also group suicide. The Japanese government is trying to eliminate these websites. I think that's a good idea. A really good idea. Akihabara@Deep, a J-drama, has an episode about this. When a group of people try to convince, and almost force them!, to commit suicide. Well, I hope Japanese will low suicide levels, I really do.
Most of people who actually suicide themselves are teenagers (too bad. something should really be done) and middle age men who have lost their jobs or whose business has failed. The government has also said that people would have more psychological support in the future. They want to low the suicide rates in 20% until 2016.



Most of the information was taken from:
http://www.espacoacademico.com.br/044/44eueno.htm
(It is in Portuguese)



Listening: Malice Mizer - Brise


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ごめん só começar a comentar agora, mas não tenho andado muito em blogs.
I promise que vou comentar tudo a partir de agora. Acho que este post foi interessante e faz nos pensar em como numa sociedade tão "cute" e "feliz" pode também ter o seu lado negro...